Learn proper manicure techniques to keep your clients healthy and happy.
A manicure can make a major difference in the appearance of your clients’ hands. It can also make a major difference in how they feel about themselves. Not long ago, manicures were seen as something that was just for women, but that has quickly changed in the last few years, and you should be prepared for providing manicures for male clients, as well.
Here at Elite Academy of Cosmetology, we want our students to feel confident in the skills they learn. We have an onsite clinic at both of our locations in Lawton and Duncan for just this purpose. Our clinic is a space for our students to practice on real clients, while under the supervision and guidance of our master instructors.
Here are some of the manicure skills you can expect our students to be learning:
- How to trim and shape nails
- Soaking the nails to soften the cuticle
- How to safely maintain the cuticles by exfoliating rather than pushing back forcefully or cutting, which can lead to infection
- How to moisturize nails, cuticles and hands. Clients often don’t realize that moisturizing nails is necessary, especially after polish has been chemically removed.
- How to apply different types of polish
Sanitation is one of the most important skills any nail technician can learn. Here at our clinic, we ensure that proper sanitation is demonstrated and taught consistently. If you want to learn more about our nail technician program or any of our other programs, all you need to do is give us a call or fill out our online request form.